Our Mission is to improve lives and meet community needs by uniting people and resources. We seek to make a concrete, measurable impact by understanding and addressing our community's most complex challenges. The United Way of Oxford & Lafayette County believes no single organization can do this alone. Therefore, we work in partnership with individuals, non-profits, corporations, and public entities to mobilize resources, promote collaboration, and support programs that can make a significant difference for the Lafayette-Oxford-University (LOU) community. We focus on ensuring that all who live in our community have the building blocks of a good life:
- Be agents of change. Energize people to make a difference in the community by giving, advocating, and volunteering.
- Be responsive. Commit to focusing on the educational, financial, and health concerns of the community.
- Practice accountability. Demonstrate responsibility for our actions and expenditures; likewise, promote accountability on the part of our agencies.
- Be fiscally responsible. Maintain integrity in all financial matters; manage and spend funds wisely.
- Be volunteer driven. Empower community members to serve one another through the United Way, and to provide direction to the United Way.
- Maintain the highest integrity. Conduct ourselves with honesty, respect, and openness.
- Inspire contributions. Raise funds in a creative, effective, professional mannner.
- Be a leader in the community. Work collaboratively to prioritize and address current and emerging needs to help make the community more successful.
Donors expect UWOLC to make a difference in the community. They expect United Way to be responsive to community needs, accountable for funds contributed, and to achieve impact with those funds.